Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Birthday Blues

Turning 22 feels like it could be the worst possible birthday.


Living in a college town the countdown begins the minute you step on campus to your 21st birthday. Approaching your 22nd birthday, on the other hand, feels like you are Justin Timberlake in In Time watching the minutes dwindle to your death sentence.

Yesterday, I decided to embrace those minutes not by getting blue but by enjoying the color blue!



My best friend and roommate Sara bought me (my favorite) a Wegmans glazed blueberry bagel for breakfast! You read that right & you have to try one--trust me!


Luckily, I also fit in a blueberry cake donut and blueberry iced coffee in to my day all while wearing a new pair of bright blue skinny jeans! (sorry for the stealthy photo, eating in class is a little more than frowned upon)

Although it was not the most exciting birthday in the world (and furthers my fears of getting old) it just reminded me, yet again, to make the little things count.

No comments:

Post a Comment